Villain's Random 2017 Movie Awards

The Oscars are over and I've basically seen most of the movies from 2017. I'd like to crown some of my favorite things about movies in 2017 whether its good or bad. Overall I think 2017 was a pretty good year for movies. Some movies lived up to the hype, some did not. I got to see a few surprises too. I will mention that this seemed like a pretty weak year for lead male performances. Some of my categories are a little wild, but I'll try to keep it up again for next year.


Best Lead Performance by an Actor: Gary Oldman Darkest Hour

Best Lead Performance by an Actress: Margot Robbie I, Tonya

Best Supporting Performance by an Actor: Willem Dafoe The Florida Project

Best Supporting Performance by an Actress: Laurie Metcalf Lady Bird

Best Director: Edgar Wright Baby Driver

Best Comeback: Mark Hamill

Breakout Star: Timothee Chalamet

Funniest Performance of the Year: Adam Driver Logan Lucky

Badass of the Year: Vince Vaughn Brawl in Cell Block 99


Were You in Everything this Year?: Caleb Landry Jones

My Favorite Character: Adam Driver as Kylo Ren Star Wars: The Last Jedi

My Most Hated Character: Mel Gibson as Kurt Mayron in Daddy's Home 2

Most Disappointing Movie: Justice League

Most Mediocre Movie: Atomic Blonde

Made Me Cry the Most: Brigsby Bear

Best Remake/Reboot: It


Best Sequel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Worst Movie: The Book of Henry

Worst Lead Performance: Emma Watson The Circle

Worst Supporting Performance: Ellar Coltrane The Circle

Best Netflix Original: Mudbound

Best Amazon Original: The Big Sick


Best MCU Movie: Spider-man Homecoming

Best DCEU Movie: Wonder Woman

Overhyped Movie of the Year: Logan

Not Enough People Saw: Ingrid Goes West

Best Terrible Movie: El Camino Christmas

Better Than Expected: Power Rangers

Best Soundtrack: Baby Driver

Worst Movie Title: Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House

Best Scene: The Throne Room Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I Was the Only One in the Theater: Wind River

Comments

Popular Posts